Custom Deck Builders
Porch & Patio of Frederick is ready to make your deck vision a reality. There are a ton of different styles of decks out there on the market, and our licensed contractors are experts in the latest trends and designs. Give us a call today and we’ll talk through your vision and provide you a free estimate outlining what you’re looking for. There’s a reason we’re your “Deck Builder Frederick” preferred choice.
Regardless of the style, we at Porch & Patio of Frederick are ready to build your custom deck. Not sure what design you’re looking for? Here’s a list of the more common types of decks:
- Platform decks – Built low to the ground typically without railings. They are usually built on level or very slightly graded lots
- Raised decks – Rails and safety incorporated for a higher deck. These decks are seen on houses with above-grade first floors.
- Two story decks – Access to upper areas with high vantage points. Supporting a two story deck can be ascetically challenging with the 12x12 posts and aren’t often seen on single family houses.
- Multilevel decks – Highlight your yard with a series of deck heights to beautifully slope to the contours of the land. These decks can also create different environments throughout your deck. Start with entertainment area close to the house, move into another section where a hot tub or grill is located, and then possibly include another shaded area on another level that provides a cool, peace and quiet environment.
- Free-standing decks – Have a getaway spot with an amazing view in your yard? Accentuate it with a freestanding deck. These decks can be open or covered and can even include power options to add an outdoor fan or a lighting options.
Have you already picked out the perfect type of deck in your vision? What type of materials do you want to use? Here’s a great article that discusses the different deck material types: Click me.
- Treated Lumber – The economic and most highly used. Be warned though as treaded lumber is very difficult to keep stable. It’ll crack, split, and warp on you over time so it’s best used for the foundation for your deck.
- Redwood and cedar – Prized for natural beauty and rich color. This wood is roughly three to five times more expensive than treated lumber and will require maintenance to pressure wash old paint and re-finish new paint every two to four years.
- Hardwoods – Extremely durable and resistant to rot and insects but the most costly and labor extensive. You will need to stain or UV coat this wood but maintenance costs can be lower than redwood and cedar.
- Composites – Extremely weather resistant, made from wood fibers and recycled plastics. Won’t splinter, warp, rot, or split. Trex, TimberTech, CorrectDeck, and Veranda are but a few composite manufacturers. Composites are like cheating to most but they do require the least maintenance over other materials.
But wait… There’s one more.
- Aluminum decks are becoming more and more popular. The plusses are that they are bug free, actually cool in the summer, and almost completely maintenance free. Sounds amazing right? Well, the price tag on aluminum decks are quite hefty but you absolutely do get what you pay for!
With regard to picking the type of deck or patio you’re searching for, we highly recommend that customers take the time to do their own research. There are several amazing deck builders in Frederick, and although we’d be honored to build your dream, another expert may be suited better for your vision. When you are ready to install your custom deck, Porch & Patio of Frederick is here to answer all of your question and help provide the most elegant and beautiful product that meets your budget.